Saturday 14 November 2009

41 Days til Christmas...

... better get a wriggle on with those Christmas cards then hadn't I? So I have sacrificed an evening of X Factor (not really, am watching it now on Sky+ so I can whizz the adverts!) to make the following card. It gave Tim the chance to try and fix his Xbox - yes, less than a week after COD:MW2 (I know what I'm talking about) came out, his Xbox has packed up. He is NOT impressed as he has potentially lost ALL of his saved games, oh dear, what a shame says I.

Anyway, onto my card which is my entry into the Anyone for Anya? and Papertake Weekly challenges. Anyone for Anya this week is a 3-2-1 recipe, 3 pieces of paper or card, 2 buttons and 1 bow. I've bent the rules slightly and used three different types of paper/card rather than three pieces, but I say rules are there to be broken! Papertake Weekly this week is "Digi Sparkle". The digi elements of my card are the papers and sentiment which are Pink Petticoat and the sparkle is there in the form of Stickles and Glimmer chalks. Apologies for the poor lighting/rubbish photography, that's what you get for leaving it til evening to photograph your cards!
Supplies Used: Image - The Greeting Farm Miss Anya "Rain Snow Shine", coloured with ProMarkers (Cocoa, Caramel, Burnt Umber, Cinnamon, Blush, Satin, Cardinal Red, Ruby, Grass, Forest Green, Holly, Pine) and glittered with Shimmer chalks and Stickles (Cotton Candy, Candy Cane, Frosted Lace, Black Diamond), Papers and Sentiment - Pink Petticoat, Everything else from stash.

This post has nicely taken me to the end of X Factor... hmmm, the twins were awful but strangely entertaining as usual - loved Danyl and Olly (though have to agree that Olly's vocals got swallowed up by the song), not loving Jamie so much anymore - can he sing a song without punching the air? - finding it mildly annoying! ?LLoyd & JEdward in the bottom two? We shall see...

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! She's my favorite Miss Anya. So perfect for Christmas, or anything wintery. Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Maz I love the image and those papers are gorgeous thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x