Thursday 19 November 2009

There's no escaping Christmas...

Second card of the night! This is my entry into the Cupcake Craft and A Spoon Full of Sugar challenges. I've used the sketch from the Just Magnolia challenge, but alas, I've missed the deadline - useless! I forgot the deadline was 10pm...
So here is the sketch, which I've pretty much adhered to without any alterations.

The challenge at Cupcake Crafts is to use a Digital image or paper - I've used the fab new Pink Petticoat "Fairy Lights" papers.
The challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar this week is to make a card for Baby's First Christmas or for a Pre-Schooler. I've gone for baby's first christmas as I can give this card to Connor from his dad and I. I know this Christmas will mean nothing to him as he'll only be 5 months old, but it hasn't stopped me getting excited about it!

And here is my card...
Looking at it here I think I may put some shadowing around poor Edwin so it doesn't look like he's just sitting on thin air! I'm very pleased with how his hat and coat turned out though - I used Doodlebug flock on the white bits to make them look fluffy. Quite effective methinks!

Supplies Used: Image - Magnolia "Santa's Helper", coloured with ProMarkers (Sandstone, Raw Sienna, Cocoa, Satin, Holly, Coll Grey 4, Berry Red, Pine, Ruby, Cardinal Red, Blush), fur on coat - Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock (Lily White), Papers - Craftwork Cards blox and Pink Petticoat "Fairy Lights", Sentiment - Doddlebug Candy Shoppe rub-ons in Ladybug, Ribbon - Anitas (DoCrafts).

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maz, what a cute card. The image is adorable and your colouring is fab. The digital paper is gorgeous and the layout is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my theme of 'digital' over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute i love the colours that you have chosen, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabbilicous card, love the gorgeous colours and layout! Thanks for joining in the digi image fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x