Tuesday 9 February 2010

Cosmic Shimmeryness

First, a card for a friends little girls 1st birthday. I've used Mo Manning's Birthday Fairy Lee, coloured with PMs and Stickled as usual.

I had a chance to play with my new Cosmic Shimmer Ultra Thick Embossing crystals the other night. I used Sheena Douglass' pie tin method of heating up the crystals and then pouring them onto my non stick craft sheet and embossing into it before it hardened. I finished it off with a bit of mica powder. I was really pleased with the result and felt that it was unnecessary to put much else onto the card so have kept it quite simple.


I'm definitely going to have another go at this as it's really easy to do but produces really effective results!

1 comment:

  1. I love the colours in your fairy card, they're so pretty.. especially with the pearly '1' to top it off :) I didn't even know there was any glimmer crystals!! I feel like i've deprived my melt pot! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x