Monday 19 April 2010

First wedding of the year...

This card was for a wedding I went to on Saturday in Wetherby - it was a beautiful day all round and they make a gorgeous couple. Unfortunately I was ill all day Sunday and am still being sick on and off now- possible started by the amount of alcohol imbibed(!) but it seems to have kick started my hormonal sickness which has been an ongoing problem for me since I was about 15. Fingers crossed it's a one-off!
Anyway, I'm entering this card into this weeks Passion for ProMarkers challenge which is to make your own backing paper using ProMarkers. I was a bit stuck on this until I saw Maria's great tutorial on the Weekend Workshop. She used the blender pen to lift colour to make a spotty dress. So, my backing paper was coloured with Aubergine, then I used the Blender pen to draw swirls over the Aubergine. I then accented this with the Silver metallic pen and then spritzed the whole thing with Cosmic Shimmer mist. The image is from DigiStamp Boutique.


Hope you've all had a lovely weekend in the sun! x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maz, what a gorgeous background. The colour is stunning and the image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw such a sweet card, I love how you have done your background.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card Maz - great to see you've been inspired by Maria's tut
    thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
    remember DT applications need to be in by Thursday if you're interested in applying - details on the blog
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maz, what a pretty card. The image is coloured perfectly and the background looks amazing. Thank you for joining in our monthly challenge at DSB. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty indeedy - adore the colours...thanks for joining in the DSB comp....Sally-Ann..xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x