Friday 24 September 2010

I've been busy...

A few things to show you today...

Firstly, a card for my little (or not so little anymore) brother's birthday. As I've said before, I struggle with men's cards, so this time I attempted a little bit of grunge, with...hmmm...ok results!


I'm entering this card in this weeks Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities challenge which is to use the Alcohol Ink Agate on Grunge technique on page 53 in Tim's book. It's not obvious but I did stamp onto the grunge! The bird is a chipboard piece by Tattered Angels which I sanded and inked the edges of and the sentiment background in your common household brown paper, inked with Distress inkpads (the paper took the inks really well btw).

I also have another scrapbook page to show you! Yes, page number 4 of the Egypt holiday has been completed courtesy of Kirsty Wiseman's Wednesday night cyber crop...


Finally, today I've been at a Tiara making class at The Bead Shop in Afflecks Palace. The class was run by Perri Shenton, who was lovely, and a great teacher...



I'm hoping to make some more over the next few months then start selling them - I'll keep you updated on my progress!

4 comments:

  1. Popped over to see your gorgeous compendium card and see that you have indeed been busy. Love those tiaras too.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maz you have been busy, I love totally everything you have created. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you certainly are creative, your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maz, I think your masculine card turned out wonderfully! I love all the cool layers and textures, and the AI agate panel looks awesome. I do see the stamping, and it add a lot of depth. I bet your brother is going to love this card!

    Your scrapbook page is great, too-- what a great experience it must have been, seeing the Sphinx! And I am seriously in love with your gorgeous, delicate tiaras!

    You're one busy artist, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x